Regal House, Fitzroy Books, and Pact Press are currently open for submissions from authors and literary agents.
Our upcoming anthology will focus on ocean conservation and the impact of human activity on the maritime ecosystem. Call for submissions and additional details forthcoming.
Fiction, Nonfiction, and Poetry Submissions
Pact Press also publishes short stories, poetry, nonfiction, and literary fiction that speak to our particular themes of social justice, racism, discrimination, gender equality, LGBTQ concerns, immigration, poverty and homelessness.
A query letter, a one-page synopsis of your story, and the first three chapters of your novel or the first fifty pages, whichever is more. If you are submitting an essay, interview or poem, please send us your work in its entirety.
We accept only electronic submissions via Submittable.
If we have requested the full manuscript of your work, please take the extra time to read the following:
Manuscript Preparation for Full MS requests:
Almost every publishing house, magazine, and agent will have preferences or requirements for how to format and present a manuscript (sort of like having a dress code). Professional courtesy means becoming familiar with and following these preferences. Here is a list of what we at Regal expect:
- Put your manuscript in a Microsoft Word (a recent vintage, please) file.
- Before sending in your manuscript, run the Spelling and Grammar check (just remember to think through every suggestion it makes).
- Set margins to 1.25 inches on all sides.
- Double-space your manuscript.
- Insert page numbers (bottom center, please).
- Use a standard twelve-point serif font (Palatino, Times New Roman, etc.)
- Remove all special formatting (words in italic or bold style are fine). Turn off any automatic formatting, get rid of any internal or external hyperlinks, remove running headers.
We really appreciate authors who take the time to make sure their manuscripts are ready for prime time. A well-prepared manuscript allows us to review a submission efficiently and indicates its author is genuinely interested in working with us. Thank you for dressing your work in the proper apparel before sending it out!